As we head into Autumn, it’s a great time to try some new drink recipes that are good for the immune system and perfect as the weather turns colder.
We’ve also included a sweet favourite that is a must-try in Autumn…
- 2 Small apples cored, peeled and roughly chopped,
- Large handful of blackberries
- 1 tsp Manuka or regular honey
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Oats
- 1 Glass of almond milk
Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until the drink is smooth. Start on a low setting then move swiftly up to the highest setting and leave it for a minute to ensure everything has been blitzed. Serve and drink!
A very fruity punch, which can also be made into an alcoholic drink.
- 1 liter ginger ale*
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
In a large pitcher, whisk together ginger ale, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Serve over fresh cranberries, orange, lemon and lime slices, if desired.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
A classic, Autumn favourite- it may not be a healthy smoothie, but you’ll find this treat in all of your favourite coffee shops as October hits. Learn how to create a Pumpkin Spiced Latte yourself at home:
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups hot brewed espresso or strong brewed dark roast coffee
- Optional: Whipped cream and additional nutmeg
Simply place the first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir in hot espresso. Pour into warm mugs. If desired, top with whipped cream and additional nutmeg.